Monday, December 1, 2014

As My First Semester Ends....


The time really and truly is flying.  I cannot believe I've been in college for an entire semester already!  I remember not so long ago, entering the 5th grade and thinking to myself, "I still feel like a fourth grader."  The thought still rings true today.  Being in college definitely feels different than I thought it would.  I thought I would feel grown up and powerful and independent.  And while I do feel those things some of the time, there are also times where I feel like a little kid lost in a world that I don't belong in.  But I think I may be getting the hang of things here.  Here's a quick list of a few things I have learned in my first semester of college.

  • Making friends happens all the time - starting on move-in day.
  • Parties happen every night.  And while it may seem that everybody cool goes to parties, tons of awesome people don't.
  • Making new friends is harder than it seems.
  • The friends I had in high school aren't the people I want in my life forever.
  • Studying is essential - I can't just squeeze by without studying like in high school.
  • Dressing nice isn't necessary, but it does put a good face forward.
  • Doing laundry is the worst.
  • It's okay to just want to talk with professors.
  • Being the best isn't everything.
  • Everyone else is growing and changing and as confused as I am.
  • Getting enough sleep is important.
So that's just a few little lessons I've learned these past few months. It's definitely been a roller coaster - I've made new friends, lost old ones, learned tons of new stuff, and met people from all over the world.  College has its ups and downs, but the benefits far outweigh the bad stuff.


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment