Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Being Happy.


Late December and early January has been a time of great change for me.  I don't know how exactly this happened, but I decided that I was tired of living my life in a way that wasn't making me happy - so I changed it.
On New Year's Day, I woke up and told myself: "This year, I will be happy," determined to do so after a lackluster 2014 in which I was more depressed, anxious, and afraid than I had ever been.  So I decided to be happy.  And like flipping a switch, my life became a thousand times better.
Things that used to annoy me don't seem to get to me anymore.  I don't know how I was able to overcome that, but I don't miss feeling annoyed at all.
I've found that deciding to be happy has made me more confident.  I can graciously accept compliments, and even post pictures of myself without makeup on - something I never thought I'd be able to do.
Life seems to float by so easily and I can't help but be proud of the person that I am becoming.  I'm sure there will be speed bumps along the way, testing my resolve and making me want to cry, but right now I feel like that Imagine Dragons song: On Top of the World.
Deciding to be happy was best the New Year's Resolution that I've ever made, and hopefully 2015 has some amazing things in store for me!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment